Sunday 1 January 2012

The Green Triangle

Oh, but were today's run as wondrous as the shiny green triangle we know and love from our festive chocolate assortment!

Sadly, today's run was far from wondrous. But it was in the shape of a triangle, and green was the colour of the runner.

I've picked up Christmas Lurghy, and were it not for Janathon, would not have left the front step. Still, I decided to follow my own advice, and ran to the end of the road, (which is the best place to decide if you want to go for a run or not), where I decided I would continue, for a bit, then a bit more, and so on.

Just over three miles managed on some quality streets (ho ho ho), never straying more than half a mile from home, and I actually feel a bit better for having gone.

I'm doing a long trail run tomorrow, so I'm going to try and leave the cold at home.

Today - 3.17 miles, 26 mins, 336 cals (or seven and a half Quality Street green triangles)
Click here to see this run at Running Free Online

8 comments:

  1. Sorry youre not well at the moment. Well done for getting out. Hope you feel better tomorrw for your trail run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lena - thanks for the support. The cold eventually disappeared (as they always do), and I feel better for just getting on with things while it took its time.

      Delete
  2. Ho ho ho indeed...last choccies eaten today as the healthy eating starts tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Fortnightflo - amazingly, at January 18th, we still have chocolates in the house. This has little to do with our conservative diets, and everything to do with buying ridiculous amounts of chocolate!

      Delete
  3. Sweet Deals my man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a mo, I thought you'd used a random throw of a chocolate to plan your route - now there's an idea. You'd want to be careful with the map scale though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @K, like in CaKe - I still think this is an amazing idea. I reckon this would be best reserved for either a remote moorland (navigation masterclass) or the dense road network of a major city (cue strange looks from taxi drivers). I may get back to you on that...

      Delete