Thursday 26 January 2012

Random Excuse Generator

I did a few miles tonight. The was much less than the least I wanted to do, but considerably more than the most I should have done.

Whilst there's only one reason I went, there are many more I ignored in order to leave the front step. I decided that since I ran anyway, I can defer any of these reasons for not running, and supplant them as a fitting excuse for writing a rubbish blog instead.


Pick a number between one and six.



Now scroll down to see what excuse you picked for me.








































1. My cold has come back. Either that or truck has unloaded a half a ton of sawdust into my chest, and half a ton of gravel into my sinuses... and reversed over me as he left.

2. I had to work late. Well, not that I had to, but you know how you get those cans, and you open the can, and inside the can it looks like spaghetti, and it's not spaghetti but something else.......

3. I have an early start and lots of driving tomorrow. I don't have much time to get my stuff together, and then I'm coaching on Saturday so have to get my bike gear sorted. Not that I've done any of this of course.

4. I wanted to spend some time with my little boy. I had chance to take him off Fighter Command's hands for thirty minutes, and give him his bath and put him in jammies. It was that or six miles. Easy choice tonight.

5. There been a mist/freeze combo that's turned the pavements into icerinks. It's lethal out there. Thinking about it is affecting my ability to blog creatively. My plodding was unaffected, but don't tell anyone.

6. Twenty six days of consecutive running? Do we need an excuse for an off-day?



Thank you for listening. I ran a smidge over three miles, in the clothes I worked in, on the dullest route I could muster. I shall consider today's efforts merely a datum against which I shall measure the heights I aim to reach in the future.

janathon total: 242 miles.

6 comments:

  1. I think number 6 is just fine. You're doing a hell of a lot better than when I had a cold/chest infection after the C2C. Still not been on the bike since then, but I reckon if it's dry on Sunday I'll get the roadie cleaned, lubed and out on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to counter illness with exercise, as a kind of kill or cure. "Bring it on, I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around."

      I hope you're putting your snow tyres on this weekend...

      Delete
  2. Excuse no.4 everytime. The window of opportunity for quality baby time is small but the return uncalculatable. Keep it on Goose. P.s. Many thanks for the orienteering map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I need the run. Sometimes I need the cuddle. Thursday was definitely a cuddle evening.

      Delete
  3. 4 or 6 would have been mine - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good shout. It was actually only 5 that was a made up excuse, all the rest were genuine contributing factors. Still, something's better than nothing.

      Delete