Saturday 31 December 2011

Year's End Anti-summary

2011 all but gone. Shame. There were some good bits in there, I hope I remember them in years to come.

Never mind - there's a 2012 on the way. Thank goodness the new year always arrives on time, so we don't find ourselves holding party poppers and champagne, waiting in limbo for Radio 1, Jools Holland, or Big Ben to tell us we can get on with things again.

My last day of 2011 contained a bunch of worthwhile moments, and couple of Local Adventures. A few hours out on the mountain bike riding some local singletrack, and giving a private coaching session to a guy I run with, and his 14yr old son; followed by a five mile walk in the mild evening air, behind a pushchair, giving my wife a bit of a breather, and my son a bit of a rumble to help him sort out some wind.

My first day of 2012 will include a run of some sort to start off a month of jogging, logging and blogging for Janathon, though the route and distance are to be determined, depending solely on how much sleep Jacob allows us tonight.

As for champagne and party poppers - I'll be surprised if we're still awake at eleven!

See you on the other side - Janathon blog entries will include photos as in 2011.

MTB - 13.4miles, 3(ish) hours, 2x mince pies, no punctures.
Pushchair - 4.9miles, 1:24hrs, 466cals, no leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment