Tuesday 24 January 2012

Pub Crawl

If leaving a party yesterday to go for a run wasn't rock and roll enough, tonight I have excelled myself, by visiting seven local hostelries.. after they'd shut.

No time today for a long run, and even less time to blog, so I thought I'd do a regular five mile road loop, and keep phone in-hand to take pictures and spare words.

I wasn't sure what to record until it occurred to me that the British man navigates by pubs. If I recorded all the pubs I ran past, then it would save having to write about my route, and would spare at least half all Janathoners having to visit RunningFreeOnline to see the route map.

The Alma
Wellingtons
Nelson Arms
The Marlborough Head
The Seven Stars
The Albion
The Six Bells


Okay, I'm glad we're all clear.


Cheers!


Tonight's run: 5.2miles, 41:22 mins, 7 pubs, 5 churches, 2 vets, 0 owls
Janathon: 23 Days, 221miles.



5 comments:

  1. Right, what you need is THIS http://www.marathondumedoc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice idea Kevin - but I don't drink :)

      Delete
    2. you have a child now, you'll start soon enough :-)

      Delete
  2. Any reason for sudden outbreak of vets in your neck of the woods or are they just nocturnal and only visible after closing hours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Castle Vets is next to the Shomraat Indian Restaurant, though I'm sure the two aren't linked (by an underground tunnel or otherwise). Cathcart & Winn is a vetinary hospital with proper animambulances and everything. This allows them to charge thousands of pounds for an injection 24 hours a day.

      Delete