Tuesday 10 January 2012

Lemon Drizzle

Evening (or morning) all. Apologies in advance, but a rushed run this evening, and an even more rushed blog, as I restrict myself to no more than ten minutes, on account of matters I shall explain.

Firstly- Lemon Drizzle? Is this a cunning ploy to lure weary Janathonists into my blog, on the insinuation of cakey goodness? Perhaps, but it was actually the most pertinent thing that came to mind about this evening's bimble.

It was drizzling, and I was the lemon for being out in it, still nursing the thudding, rattling remnants of a stupid cold. I promise myself I will finally get better before February, and I know it would happen much quicker (or t least think it might happen a bit quicker) if I didn't go out running in the rain everyday, but frankly Janathon was never meant to be a sensible idea, and I do feel much more clear headed and empty chested having enjoyed an hour of heavy breathing in the fresh air.

So an uninspired plod this evening. Just getting the miles in, and resorting to the comparative drudgery of tarmac. But it keeps me in sight of the top guns on the Janathon totaliser, and that's all the motivation I need when I've got my head over a bowl of boiling water.

And the reason for the quick blog? Our six week old young'un is having a grizzly period, and you know how it is fighting a grizzly, you don't get to stop until the grizzly's tired. Family duty calls.

Tonight: 7:00miles, 1:00hrs, 9480heartbeats, 756cals, 7 foxes spotted, including 3 at once.
Janathon Total : 79.5miles. Today's run is on RunnigFreeOnline here.


6 comments:

  1. Hey... where's the cakey goodness? I feel cheated.

    "...but frankly Janathon was never meant to be a sensible idea" made me laugh.

    Did you really see 7 foxes? If you did, I forgive your lemon-drizzle deception. Foxes are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see seven foxes, though I suspect that the two I saw talking to each other are actually the brothers that live in our garden. They are cool, if a bit smelly now and then.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to remain happy that this time last year I was on my way to a second cold and so far I'm healthy. Apart, that is, from a pair of legs that don't like running everyday. At all. But it's Janathon, as you point out. Only Juneathon beats it!
    Sneakily keeping in sight of the top guns? Hmmm. I'll watch the stats with interest! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm continuing to pester the high-milers now the fitness is back, but the first rule of Niggle Club, is that you don't talk about Niggle Club...

      Delete
  3. I fell for the title - cunning (or am I stupid - no don't answer that!) Well done for fitting in your run and good luck with the little one (I have every sympathy having reached the next grizzly stage - teens!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the deceptive title (not really) glad to have you along!

      Delete