Thursday 5 January 2012

Less running, more congesting

The lurgy's not letting up. I can put up with the rattly chest, the runny nose, the rollercoaster temperature. When I've got all that going on, I actually look forward to a run. But.... all that fresh air and elevated heart rate isn't doing me any good now my Christmas Cold has become a Happy New Ear, Nose & Throat infection. My sinuses are so motion-sensitive I feel like I'm teething, and my hair is painful to the touch.

2.77m, 23:51mins, 500mg amoxycillin, 3x bowls boiling water, 1x towel over head.
Janathon totals: 45miles run. 28% family brownie points used up.
You can view today's run here if you're having a slow morning.

8 comments:

  1. Oh poor you - I would highly reocmmend Mucron and the sudafed nasal spray. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flo - cold now well and truly gone, thank goodness. Though I think Fletchea and UltraBobban preferred me with it. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. do you find the endless, endless, snot wearing......if not, you're definitely doing it wrong!! Stroll on (and on) Goose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find everything about colds wearing - but nothing more that having to acknowledge their existence by using "medicine".

      Delete
  3. You did well to run 2.77m with a towel over your head whilst balancing three bowls of boiling water! Fingers crossed the lurgy lets up soon and you return to your usual immortal self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dakotas taught me everything I know. All that and i can still do a Dambuster in under two minutes.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear Gary, Look after yourself. hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed now, thanks for your words of support through the lurghy!

      Delete