Friday 23 December 2011

Preamble

If pre-amble means an amble before the main event (ie Janathon), then this title isn't perhaps the best suited to today's entry.

The little run I went on today with Javed was anything but an amble - it was a beasting.

I ran the couple of miles to meet him at a carpark, and then the pair of us ran straight for the tallest, most relentless hill in the immediate vicinity, and proceeded to run up and down it via a number of different routes. At the top, Javed did a few press ups and ab crunches for the benefit of his (already exceptional) core strength, whereas I abstained in order to focus on not passing out.

The run then eased off a bit (it bluddy needed to!), and we had a bit of a chat on our way round. I've not run with Javed in months, so this was a nice little catch up. I hope there to be a few more on the horizon as he limbers up for a year of serious ultra-distance challenges.

Anyway, home again, now able to focus, a bit wobbly.

If pre-amble means an introduction to things to come (ie Janathon), then this title might be well suited after all.

Summary
9.4miles,
1:34hrs,
161 bpm avg,
193 bpm max,
1244 cals (equivalent to 23 gin and tonics - happy christmas!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Gary. I need to geta run in today, possibly tomorrow. Haven't decided on Janathon, I'm probably too busy ... I'll see. Have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete