Thursday 30 December 2010

Trail trial

As promised to myself, I enjoyed a solid run tonight with a great friend, which reminded me of many trail runs we used to do a couple of years ago. The route profile is up on Running Free, as my final pre-Janathon test.

I hadn't expected to get ten miles in the bank, and I don't think James was expecting it either, but between us we shared the choices about which trails to take, and naturally found a consistent pace.

One of the best aspects of this run was the weather. After the recent arctic blast, we enjoyed an unseasonal seven degrees, and a thick mist which ensured we could never see more than five meters ahead. Impossible to take any pictures or avoid the really muddy sections, but with no distracting views we had a good catch up.

I'm hoping James can join some of my Janathon runs, he's good company, and cooks a mean chilli hot-pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment